Online marketing aims at improving the conversion rate for all the businesses. A number of ways have already been into the practice to bring more traffic on the sites. Some webmasters want to attain the highest place on the search engines while some of them want to get good amount of traffic from all the sources. Either way, everyone wants to gain financial success which is the primary aim of every web owner. Likewise, some web owners want to get the first position on major search engine like Google. However, for some, Alexa Ranking system is more important.
What is Alexa Ranking?
It is a ranking system by alexa.com which audits the frequency of visits on various sites and makes it public. It follows a simple algorithm for traffic ranking. An Alexa toolbar has to be installed on a site for more than three months so that the amount of traffic can be recorded. The traffic is based on several parameters such as page views and reach. The reach is the number of Alexa users who visit the site in one day. If a user visits a URL for multiple times on the same day, it will be counted as one by Alexa. The first step is to calculate the reach and page views for all the sites in the web world on a daily bases.
Working of Alexa Ranking
It is easy to start with Alexa ranking tool. You need to visit Alexa.com and install Alexa toolbar. It offers a search function and displays the Global rank of the site. It also shows the sites which have been visited by the visitors that are connected to some way to the site being visited. The toolbar also sends the information to the central server. If the site is able to make it in top 100,000, it is considered to have enjoyed heavy traffic.
Benefits of Alexa Ranking
Many web masters ask if there is any advantage of Alexa ranking. Some of the benefits are elaborated below:
- With the help of this tool, you will be able to access the position of the site in terms of traffic along with the competitor’s site. You can even compare the two using this tool.
- The stats of Alexa tool can be used in advertising and marketing campaigns. You can give the ad space on your site/blog if your site has good Alexa credentials.
- Alexa provides vital information about your site which can be used in various SEO techniques.
Disadvantages of Alexa ranking
- It has been observed that various web masters have not installed this tool. That’s why, the site may not be ranked even if it has great traffic.
- Some webmaster believe that the information on Alexa can be wrong as it can easily be influenced.
- The traffic is calculated for top-domains. It cannot be calculated for sub-domains or sub-pages.
A number of information sites such as netotraffic give out vital information about Alexa. You must visit these sites for better marketing techniques.